Thomas E. Taylor
Direct Dial: 315.701.6367
Direct Fax: 315.423.2895
vCard: Add to Address Book
Tom is a member of the firm practicing in the areas of real estate, banking and financial institutions, equipment leasing and financing, telecommunications, government relations, not-for-profit organizations, and general business matters. He represents lenders in financing transactions including secured lending, equipment leasing, commercial mortgages and commercial real estate finance. In addition, he assists banks in loan workouts, lender liability litigation, banking law, foreclosures, check fraud cases and post judgment collections. His real estate practice includes serving as counsel to community associations, review and litigation of title issues, and the acquisition, sale and leasing of residential and commercial properties. He counsels several small businesses in the greater Syracuse community.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Appointed by Governor to the Council of SUNY Health Science Center - September 2010
- Syracuse City Court, Pro Bono Arbitrator
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Member, Former Board of Directors (1993-1995)
- Onondaga County Bar Association Assigned Counsel Program, Former Board of Directors (2002-2006)
- Washington DC Bar Association
- Baldwinsville Center for the Arts, Inc., Director
- Rotary District 7150, Youth Exchange Committee, Inc., Secretary
- Rotary EClub of New York, Member
- Rotary Club of Baldwinsville, NY, Former Member and Past President
- Legal Services of CNY, Inc., Past President and Former Member, Board of Directors (1993-1997)
Recent Publications and Presentations
- October 2008
Commercial Real Estate Financing in New York, presented for Lorman Education Services, Inc.
- May 2008
Election Law, presented for the New York State Bar Association
- August 2006
Commercial Lending Requirements and Loan Documentation in New York, presented for Lorman Education Services, Inc.