Steven A. Paquette
Direct Dial: 315.701.6438
Direct Fax: 315.423.2801
vCard: Add to Address Book
Steven is an experienced litigator who brings over 31 years of practical experience to seek fair and reasoned solutions to client problems. His current practice involves successfully navigating sophisticated divorce and family law matters to a successful conclusion and working with businesses to maximize their potential for success. Steven works with a team of equally seasoned professionals at the Firm to resolve both sophisticated and routine matters economically, expeditiously and fairly, and is skilled at creative problem solving. In addition, Steve heads the firm’s Real Estate practice group.
Steven worked for 20 years as a partner in a general practice law firm, before joining Green & Seifter (now Bousquet Holstein PLLC) in 2001. His broad range of experiences as a general practitioner make him the perfect point person to work with busy executives in maximizing the quality of their experience with Bousquet Holstein PLLC and assembling precisely the right team to tackle any problem or complete any task.
Steven is a seasoned litigator who was recently designated as a “Super Lawyer” by his peers. He also has substantial experience in government affairs having worked in both the public and private sector to assist his clients in achieving their objectives. He has served the public as a New York State Tax Attorney, as a counsel to the Speaker of the New York State Assembly, and as Chairman of the Onondaga County Democratic Committee. He served for several years on the New York State Democratic Party’s Executive Committee and has also served on many occasions as a Special Prosecutor.
Click here to visit Steve's Practice Area Blog: "Family Matters, A Principled Approach"
- Recently accepted as a Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Works closely with several area businesses in collaboration with Bousquet Holstein PLLC colleagues to maximize economic development opportunities in Upstate New York;
- Lobbied successfully for business friendly modifications to the current Empire Zone Tax Incentive Plan;
- Represents matrimonial matters involving family businesses, professional licenses, sophisticated retirement plans, high income and/or high assets;
- Achieved resolution in dozens of matrimonial and family court matters involving divorce, custody, support and geographic relocation in Supreme Court and Family Court proceedings across the Central New York Region;
- Represents matters where child custody and support issues are involved;
- Won a decision after a lengthy trial regarding validity of Prenuptial Agreement involving a long term marriage and millions in assets;
- Defended two white collar criminal matters involving significant tax liabilities;
- Served as Special Prosecutor on matters on appointment by County Court;
- Supervised completion of dozens of commercial and residential real estate transactions.
- Successfully advocated on behalf of client in a matrimonial matter who was able to protect millions of dollars in separate property interests from equitable distribution;
- Successfully advocated on behalf of several business owners in various matrimonial matters in order to protect their interest in maintaining their business after divorce;
- Advocated on behalf of several non monied spouses in high income, high asset cases to assure that the spouse received a fair share of income and assets in divorce;
- Successfully completed several collaborative law matters on behalf of both wives and husbands achieving child centered results without the need for litigation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Certified Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Super Lawyer, New York State Edition, Family Law
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Central New York Collaborative Family Law Professionals, Board of Directors
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Community General Hospital, Quality Committee Board of Directors
- Delta Tau Delta, Syracuse University, President, Alumni Board of Directors
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Knights of Columbus, St. Michael’s Parish, Onondaga Hill
- Onondaga Community College, Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Faculty Representative Student Conduct Disciplinary Board
- Onondaga County Democratic Committee, Lawyers Committee Member, Former Chair
- Syracuse University Alumni Association
- New York State Democratic Committee, Former Member Executive Committee
- The Redhouse, Former Member Board of Directors
- Parish Council, St. Michael's Parish
- Delta Tau Delta International Fraternity Board of Directors
- Delta Tau Delta International Foundation Board of Directors
- American Heart Association - CNY Region - Executive Leadership Team for the Annual Heart Walk
Recent Publications and Presentations