L. Micha Ordway, Jr.
Direct Dial: 315.701.6441
Direct Fax: 315.423.2848
vCard: Add to Address Book
Micha is an experienced litigator and has litigated matters in a broad spectrum of practice areas. His experience includes representing clients in complex commercial litigation matters, products liability suits, employment discrimination actions, bankruptcy litigation, whistleblower suits, and environmental litigation in state and federal court.
In addition to his litigation practice, Micha is experienced in alternative dispute resolution and has used these techniques to successfully resolve matters for his clients. Micha has also argued appeals before the New York Court of Appeals and various appellate divisions.
Prior to joining the firm, Micha practiced law as a commercial litigator and insurance defense counsel for a large law firm in Central New York. He also served as confidential law clerk to the Honorable Howard G. Munson, Senior United States District Judge, and as senior confidential law clerk to the Honorable Gary L. Sharpe, United States Magistrate Judge.
- Recently won an appeal in the New York State Court of Appeals regarding an insurance coverage dispute on a general liability policy on behalf of the plaintiff. Joseph Kassis and Kassis Superior Sign Co., Inc., v. The Ohio Casualty Insurance Company
- Defended a national banking corporation in a wide variety of commercial matters in both state and federal court;
- Defended a local physician's office building in the United States District Court for the Northern District of New York for alleged overtime violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act resulting in the Plaintiff voluntarily discontinuing the action;
- Represented a large corporation in an action brought against it in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York for alleged violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act resulting in a settlement favorable to the corporation;
- Defended a motion for summary judgment for an individual in a complex negligence case, which led to a favorable resolution of the individual's claim;
- Represented the president of a local corporation seeking declaratory judgment matter against an insurance company that improperly denied coverage under a commercial liability policy, resulting in a motion for summary judgment in which the court determined that the insurer was obligated to provide a defense to the insured;
- Obtained a favorable result for a large corporation seeking to enforce the terms of a settlement agreement reached with an individual plaintiff;
- Settled a favorable litigation suit on behalf of a local corporation involving a claim for breach of a commercial contract;
- Obtained a favorable verdict after trial on behalf of an individual employee in a whistleblower action against a large corporation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Town of Lysander, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board Chair
- Downtown YMCA, Treasurer
- Salvation Army of the Syracuse Region, Advisory Board Member
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Former Member, Baldwinsville Central School District Board of Education, Vice President
- Central New York Community Foundation Future Fund Project, Founding Member and Former Member of the Steering Committee
- Former Committee Member, Lysander Republican Party
- The Central New York Business Journal’s “40 Under 40”, 2007 Honoree
Recent Publications and Presentations